This section describes how to use
pcli, the command line client for Penumbra:
- Installation describes how to compile and run
- Generating a Wallet describes how to generate a wallet and use the testnet faucet;
- Updating pcli describes how to update to a newly released testnet from a previous testnet;
- Viewing Balances describes how to view balances;
- Sending Transactions describes how to send funds.
Penumbra is a private blockchain, so the public chain state does not reveal any
private user data. By default,
pcli includes a view service that
synchronizes with the chain and scans with a viewing key.
Thank you for helping us test the Penumbra network! If you have any feedback, please let us know in
#testnet-feedback channel on our Discord. We would love to know about bugs, crashes,
confusing error messages, or any of the many other things that inevitably won’t quite work yet. Have
pcli prints a warning message to the terminal, to be sure that people understand that this is unstable, unfinished, pre-release software.
To disable this warning, export the
PCLI_UNLEASH_DANGER environment variable.